Monday, November 15, 2010

More Leaves

I've finished the leaves through most of the lawn, leaving only about a hundred square feet so I have a place to mulch the garden waste for composting. It's likely I'll get a few more bags. Some will be composted, plus I'll add some to the problem areas in the lawn to help retain water next year.

The total so far is 1,050 pounds in 91.5 bags. I skipped the swale, so that's a grand total of 175 pounds per thousand, or about 1.4 pounds nitrogen, 0.61 pounds phosphorus, and 0.26 pounds potassium. Plus small amounts of every other element.

The organic total for the lawn so far this year is 429.5 pounds per thousand, or 2,814 pounds over the entire lawn. I'm probably done with the organics, but won't post the charts for the year until winterization is complete, probably in a week or two or three, depending on our weather.

No comments: