Friday, July 2, 2010

More Lawn & Garden Photos

I'll be letting the lawn go down for the summer around the fourth this year, it's too hot and dry to try to maintain it at any reasonable cost.  So instead of waiting a few extra days, I took my photos today when the lawn is at its peak.  The gardens will be maintained, of course!

As always, click on any shot to embiggen it. The larger versions aren't blurry...

Now, if you click on the PhotoBucket enlarged shot, it'll enlarge again.  I changed over to uploading photos in the 1 Mb version.

The standard lawn shot:

Lawn 07.02.2010

Here's the southern face of the lawn, now with robot tracks all over it. I'd just finished mowing it.

Souther Face 07.02.2010

The front line damage hasn't repaired itself much, but the weather's been too hot and dry for spreading:

Front Lawn Damage 07.02.2010

I've even had some losses in the gardens due to the weather, but fortunately I have Rocket snapdragons and celosia volunteering all over the place.

Back Garden 07.02.2010

And here's a bonus closeup of the blossoming bee balm. I had to flip the bees off of it to get the shot.

Bee Balm 07.02.2010

No comments: